How to Resist Temptation | bibleinoneyear.org


How to Resist Temptation | bibleinoneyear.org: Tempted to cheat Proverbs 7:21-27 This passage describes the power and the dangers of sexual temptation. Beware persuasive words Be careful about what you listen to and what you read: ‘With persuasive words she led him astray; she seduced him with her smooth talk’ (v.21). Avoid foolish actions Thoughts and words lead eventually to actions: ‘All at once he followed her... little knowing it will cost him his life’ (vv.22–23). Control straying thoughts Temptation often starts in our hearts: ‘Do not let your heart turn to her ways [the adulteress]’ (v.25; see Matthew 5:28). Heed this warning: ‘Listen... take these words of mine most seriously. Don’t fool around... don’t even stroll through her neighbourhood’ (Proverbs 7:24–25, MSG). Following this path is a ‘highway to the grave, leading down to the chambers of death’ (v.27). Lord, lead me not into temptation, but deliver me from the evil one. Guard my heart, give me discernment and guide my feet.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 95: No Blessing Goes Uncontested (Psalm 41:1–6, Luke 9:57–10:24, Deuteronomy 1:1–2:23)

I Hear His Whisper..."Trust my timing."

Su devocional diario - Cómo nutrir nuestra fe