God Is Our Shaper - Holy Land Moments Devotionals | IFCJ


God Is Our Shaper - Holy Land Moments Devotionals | IFCJ: God Is Our Shaper Credit:Avishag Shaar-Yashuv Truly he is my rock and my salvation;      he is my fortress, I will never be shaken. — Psalm 62:2 In honor of my father, Rabbi Yechiel Eckstein, and his life work helping Christians understand the Jewish roots of their faith, I offer you one of his devotional teachings from the beloved Psalms. Today at sundown marks the first day of Shavuot, also known as The Festival of Weeks and Pentecost. Since Shavuot is a nonworking holiday, these devotions were prepared for you in advance. People these days spend a lot of money to get in shape. We pay for gyms and nutritionists, and some people will spend hundreds of dollars on personal trainers. We spend the money because we know that no matter how uncomfortable it is to work hard; our fitness will improve, and we will become stronger. Well, today I’d like to tell you that we all have a personal soul trainer – and He’s absolutely free! Just as we need to work on our bodies to get in shape, God will cause us to work hard so that He can shape our souls. In Psalm 62, David referred to God as “my rock and my salvation . . .” What exactly does this mean? The Jewish sages comment that God as our

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 95: No Blessing Goes Uncontested (Psalm 41:1–6, Luke 9:57–10:24, Deuteronomy 1:1–2:23)

I Hear His Whisper..."Trust my timing."

Su devocional diario - Cómo nutrir nuestra fe