Never Stop Praying - Holy Land Moments Devotionals | International Fellowship of Christians and Jews

Never Stop Praying - Holy Land Moments Devotionals | International Fellowship of Christians and Jews: Never Stop Praying Yael Eckstein  |  July 19, 2021 “At that time I pleaded with the LORD:”—Deuteronomy 3:23 Each week in synagogue, Jews read through the Torah from Genesis to Deuteronomy. The Torah portion for this week is Va’etchanan, which means “I pleaded,” from Deuteronomy 3:23–7:11. Just how powerful is prayer? I think that most of us have already figured out that prayer is very powerful. For me, prayer is how I get through each day, from the moment I wake up until I go to sleep. It is what I relied on following the darkest days after my father, Rabbi Yechiel Eckstein, passed away. It is what has sustained me since. But just how powerful is one prayer? Two prayers? One hundred prayers? How about just one more prayer than we have already said? For that answer, we will turn to this week’s Torah reading, Va’etchanan, meaning, ‘I pleaded.’ This week’s portion opens with Moses in prayer. He pleaded with the LORD to let him into Israel. Moses begged the LORD over and over again. According to Jewish tradition, Moses prayed that same prayer 515 times! But then God answered Moses, “That is enough … Do not speak to me anymore about this matter” (v.26). When God told Moses to sto

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 95: No Blessing Goes Uncontested (Psalm 41:1–6, Luke 9:57–10:24, Deuteronomy 1:1–2:23)

I Hear His Whisper..."Trust my timing."

Su devocional diario - Cómo nutrir nuestra fe