Does God Answer All Your Prayers? | Bible in One Year

Does God Answer All Your Prayers? | Bible in One Year: Wisdom Psalm 17:13-15     13 Rise up, Lord, confront them, bring them down;         with your sword rescue me from the wicked.     14 By your hand save me from such people, Lord,         from those of this world whose reward is in this life.     May what you have stored up for the wicked fill their bellies;         may their children gorge themselves on it,         and may there be leftovers for their little ones.     15 As for me, I will be vindicated and will see your face;         when I awake, I will be satisfied with seeing your likeness. Commentary God says ‘yes’ What is the first thing you do when you wake up in the morning? David sets us a great example: ‘As for me… I shall be fully satisfied when I awake to find myself beholding your form and having sweet communion with you’ (v.15, AMP). Start each day seeking God’s presence and finding satisfaction in him. This is the heart of what prayer is all about. It is not just about asking for things; it is about seeking God’s face and enjoying ‘sweet communion with him’. This is the context of David’s request. He cried out to God for help in the face of his enemies (vv.13–14). God heard and answered his prayers with a positive

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 95: No Blessing Goes Uncontested (Psalm 41:1–6, Luke 9:57–10:24, Deuteronomy 1:1–2:23)

I Hear His Whisper..."Trust my timing."

Su devocional diario - Cómo nutrir nuestra fe