Seeking Advice Is a Sign of Strength | International Fellowship of Christians and Jews

Seeking Advice Is a Sign of Strength | International Fellowship of Christians and Jews: Seeking Advice Is a Sign of Strength Yael Eckstein  |  May 13, 2022 Surely you need guidance to wage war,    and victory is won through many advisers. – Proverbs 24:6 We continue with devotional thoughts from the Book of Proverbs every Friday. One of the 11 books in the Torah known as the Ketuvim, Hebrew for “writings,” Proverbs is part of the “wisdom tradition,” which also includes Job and Ecclesiastes. Three years ago, when my father, Fellowship Founder Rabbi Yechiel Eckstein, suddenly passed away and I was cast into the leadership role of The Fellowship, I have to tell you, I was scared. I didn’t think I was ready to lead such a large and important organization. I felt that I would have to prove myself by making big decisions that I wasn’t sure I was ready to tackle. Have you ever been put in a position of needing to make big decisions, afraid to mess up? When I found myself in this position, I soon realized that I wasn’t alone. I didn’t need to carry all the big decisions on my shoulders all by myself. I had great people around me. The leadership team and the staff at The Fellowship carried with them a wealth of experience and wisdom. I took a deep breath and reminded mys

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 95: No Blessing Goes Uncontested (Psalm 41:1–6, Luke 9:57–10:24, Deuteronomy 1:1–2:23)

I Hear His Whisper..."Trust my timing."

Su devocional diario - Cómo nutrir nuestra fe