The Power and Provision of Pentecost - City of Destiny

The Power and Provision of Pentecost - City of 

May 19: True Freedom

And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free."

John 8:32

During the first few years of my Christian walk, I made some of the biggest mistakes of my life. I found out that old habits die hard, like manipulation, control games, and well-worn ways of thinking that had been deeply ingrained in me from the past. I struggled with the tension between my head and

my heart. Something was new and different on the inside, but the outward behavior did not always project this change.

I was experiencing something different alright; my behavior and my actions did not feel right. It is called conviction. I was unable to recognize that the source of my discomfort was the Holy Spirit. He was trying to guide me and instinct me. John 8:32

The Holy Spirit began to reveal to me things about myself, giving me the understanding I needed to produce permanent change in my life. I began to diligently apply myself to the Word of God without excuses or debates. What was true in God’s Word needed to become truth in Paula.

What area of your life can you think of today that needs to be compared or measured by God’s Word? Is there an area of growth that you want to work on? Write it down, then put a favorite verse beside it—claiming the Word as your helper.

God’s truth is true and never changing.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 95: No Blessing Goes Uncontested (Psalm 41:1–6, Luke 9:57–10:24, Deuteronomy 1:1–2:23)

I Hear His Whisper..."Trust my timing."

Su devocional diario - Cómo nutrir nuestra fe