Day 278: What Is the Meaning of Life? (Psalm 117:1-2, Colossians 1:24-2:5, Jeremiah 9:17-11:17)

Day 278: What Is the Meaning of Life? (Psalm 117:1-2, Colossians 1:24-2:5, Jeremiah 9:17-11:17): Psalm 117:1-2 Psalm 117 1 Praise the Lord, all you nations; extol him, all you peoples. 2 For great is his love toward us, and the faithfulness of the Lord endures forever. Praise the Lord. Commentary Life is about love and worship This short psalm says so much about what life is all about. The key is your relationship with God. You should ‘praise’ and ‘extol’ the Lord (v.1) because of his great ‘love’ for you and ‘faithfulness’ towards you (v.2). The psalmist gives us a beautiful summary of God’s attitude to you, and what your attitude to him should be. Prayer Lord, thank you that Jesus laid down his life for me. Thank you that I am a child of God. Thank you that the love of God is poured into my heart by the Holy Spirit who has been given to me (Romans 5:5). Thank you, Lord, that through an experience of your love for me, I find the very meaning of my life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 95: No Blessing Goes Uncontested (Psalm 41:1–6, Luke 9:57–10:24, Deuteronomy 1:1–2:23)

I Hear His Whisper..."Trust my timing."

Su devocional diario - Cómo nutrir nuestra fe