Day 157: Kindness (Psalm 70:1-5, Acts 3:1-26, 2 Samuel 9:1-10:19)

Day 157: Kindness (Psalm 70:1-5, Acts 3:1-26, 2 Samuel 9:1-10:19

Psalm 70:1-5

For the director of music. Of David. A petition.

1 Hasten, O God, to save me;
   come quickly, Lord, to help me.

2 May those who want to take my life
   be put to shame and confusion;
  may all who desire my ruin
   be turned back in disgrace.
3 May those who say to me, “Aha! Aha!”
   turn back because of their shame.
4 But may all who seek you
   rejoice and be glad in you;
  may those who long for your saving help always say,
   “The Lord is great!”

5 But as for me, I am poor and needy;
   come quickly to me, O God.
  You are my help and my deliverer;
   Lord, do not delay.

Psalm Commentary

Trust in the kindness of God

God is kind. He loves you. Whatever your needs are today, you can cry out to him and he will be your help and deliverer.

David prays, ‘God! Please hurry to my rescue! God, come quickly to my side!’ (v.1, MSG). He goes on, ‘Yet I am poor and needy; come quickly to me, O God. You are my help and my deliverer; O Lord, do not delay’ (v.5). As he cries out, he remembers God’s kindness to him in the past.

As I look back at this passage in my Bible and see cries for help that I have written down beside it over several years, I pray:

Prayer

Thank you so much, Lord, for your kindness and love. Today, I cry out for

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 95: No Blessing Goes Uncontested (Psalm 41:1–6, Luke 9:57–10:24, Deuteronomy 1:1–2:23)

I Hear His Whisper..."Trust my timing."

Su devocional diario - Cómo nutrir nuestra fe