The Thief | Joni and Friends

The Thief | Joni and Friends: The Thief By Joni Eareckson Tada | Published On: August 18, 2023 | Categories: Daily Devotional “Serve wholeheartedly, as if you were serving the Lord not men, because you know that the Lord will reward everyone for whatever good he does, whether he is slave or free.” Ephesians 6:7-8 The iron gate clanged behind me. A flood of prison memories washed over me in my wheelchair. I smiled weakly at the guard who looked a little like the uniformed guard at my old state institution where I lived for two years. No, it wasn’t a prison. It was a rehab center. Oh, the irony. Here I was confined by my own set of bars, yet freewheeling. And these men were free to walk, yet confined behind bars. I had come to cut the ribbon at our Wheels for the World restoration center, where prisoners were refurbishing wheelchairs for our teams to deliver overseas to children and adults with disabilities. The inmates had seen the videos of children shut away in dark huts. Each child was given a new wheelchair worked on by these prisoners. I entered the restoration area and gasped. Everything was immaculate and organized. I flashed a smile at four inmates who stood proudly by their workbenches. “Why are you

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 95: No Blessing Goes Uncontested (Psalm 41:1–6, Luke 9:57–10:24, Deuteronomy 1:1–2:23)

I Hear His Whisper..."Trust my timing."

Su devocional diario - Cómo nutrir nuestra fe